Saturday, January 2, 2010

Confessions of a Non-Blogger

Ok - so I've been gone a long time...but it's a new year and a fresh start. I've decided to "blog" again. Not as a profession of course - which seems to be the cool new job. How does one even become a professional blogger. I simply don't have anything that important to say and I'm pretty sure most people don't care what I have to say (it's ok - I understand). That being said I hope I have set your expectations for the blog...meaning...I won't be blogging every day or even every week. Bitter am I? No! Geesh, what a way to start off the new year blog. My brutal honesty is often mistaken for meanness.

What have I discovered as a non-blogger:
  • Don't have that much to say
  • I blogged too much about my kid. Everybody already knows how "awesome-o" he is and I now realize that I don't have to talk about him all the time (even though I want to). Now don't get me wrong...I still plan to talk about him, post pictures of him, etc. But I will make an effort to discuss other fun things like fashion that I can't afford, decorating I can't quite get right, my jack of all trades husband (where Will gets his awesome-o-ness from), my fabulous girl friends, mi familia, pictures that never come out the way the tips explained and so on and so on.
  • I'm a creative poser. What do I mean by this? Well, let me explain - I wanted the blog to look as cute and sassy and hip as all the other blogs I've been on lately. But I'm not going to pay someone to design a blog for me (I need that money for a new purse I just saw) and I don't have the creative bone I thought I had to do it myself. I was lucky enough to find a fun website called The Background Fairy and after hours and hours of creative block found something I liked. Don't get used to it b/c as most of you know...I will change my mind and want something new.
So my wonderful pals, I invite you to frequent the site often, leave a comment or two and enjoy!! Here's to 2010!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!!!

Brea said...

Woo hoo! Yay for blogging! I know what you mean, I'm a terrible blogger too. :)

Chris and Carly said...

so glad you're back!!